Invoices (Basic): Offline Payments, Promotional Credits
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
Manually add a payment on TaxDome when a client pays via check, cash, or a card-processing service such as Square.
Once the payment is added, the client gets credits on TaxDome. This is called creating a manual payment. Account credits are used toward paying an existing invoice. Plus, you might also want to use our manual-payment feature to give clients promotional credits!
- Creating Manual Payments
- Giving Clients Promotional Credit
- Paying Invoices with Credits (Fully or Partially)
- What Clients See When You Create Payments and Promotional Credits
Creating Manual Payments
A firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage payments has the ability to make manual payments.
To manually record a payment not made directly on TaxDome (e.g., via cash, check, Square, Venmo, etc.), follow these steps:
1. Click + NEW in the left sidebar menu, select Payment from the slide-out, select the account, then enter the amount of the payment.
2. Select the Offline Payment as the payment type. You can use this for any payment type, whether it’s made by ACH, cash, check, or credit card. The selected payment type will be sent to QuickBooks.
3. Add a description (up to 150 characters) outlining what the payment is for.
4. That’s it! Click Submit to create the manual payment.
Learn more about other options you have while creating a manual payment:
1. Link to Jobs: Link your manual payment to an existing job to make it immediately available in your workflow when needed. Click Link to Jobs, then select the jobs. Once linked, a Jobs section is displayed at the bottom. You can see the job title and the pipeline it belongs to (for more details on linking payment to jobs, go here).
2. Date: This is when the client made the payment. By default, you’ll see the current date but can change it.
3. Send client email notification: An email about the manual payment will go out to the client when you select this.
4. Select which unpaid invoices you want the payment to cover: You’ll see the list of invoices issued for the selected account. The sum of the selected invoices must be less than or equal to the total amount of the payment you are creating.
Giving Clients Promotional Credit
On TaxDome, clients are able to accrue a credit balance in their account to pay for services. Offering promotional credits can act as a boon to your brand. It helps retain clients, turns existing ones into brand ambassadors, and so on. Use promo credits to give cash back—what client doesn’t want that?—without devaluing or discounting your product.
At TaxDome, we consider promotional credits a special kind of manual payment; they’re added to a client’s account balance. However, there are two important points to keep in mind:
- Promotional credits won’t be included in the calculation of your total revenue.
- Promotional credits aren’t synced with QuickBooks.
To add promotional credit, click the + NEW button in the left sidebar menu, select Payment from the slide-out, then enter the amount of the credit. Select the Promotional credit as the payment type. See above for more details.
What Clients See When You Create Payments or Promotional Credits
Your client can see promotional credits and manual payments in the Home section of their portal. These funds can be used to pay existing invoices.
To see TaxDome from the client’s side, access a read-only view.