Invoices (Advanced): Link to Jobs & Set Up Automove
Linking invoices to jobs helps make them immediately available in your workflow when needed. Plus, you’ll also be able to make jobs automatically move to the next stage in a pipeline when a client pays an invoice.
Invoices can be linked to jobs by a firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage invoices. They are linked either manually or by adding automations. While adding invoices to a pipeline using automations involves a change in the pipeline template, manual linking allows you to track all invoices within a pipeline without modifying the template.
Here's how it works:
1. Access the pipeline settings, add the stage for the invoice pending payment, then toggle on Automove Jobs. You can either add the Create Invoice automation (see how here) or link an unpaid invoice manually (step 2 below). Link as many invoices to jobs as needed.
2. There are three ways to link an invoice manually:
- From the invoice creation/editing screen: Click the Add link, then Link to Jobs, and select the jobs. Once linked, the Jobs section is displayed. You can see the job title and the pipeline it belongs to.
- From the invoices list: Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the invoice, select Link to Jobs, then select the jobs from the list, and click Submit.
- From a pipeline: Make sure that the job is in the right stage, click the job box, click + Link on the top right, select Invoices, then choose the invoices. You can link any invoices previously sent to the client account.
That's it! Once the client pays the invoice, the job is automoved to the next stage. And if you move the job manually, you can always decide what needs to be done with the linked invoice.