Firm Wiki Pages (Basic): Create, Edit & Delete
This page is for TaxDome Pro users. Upgrade at any time!
Use our Wiki Pages to create, store and share internal documents with your team. Create pages for onboarding, work procedures, and more. You can then automatically add them to jobs to give your team members instructions and guidelines to help them perform their work well.
Creating Wiki Pages
Any team member can create a wiki page, which can then be added to a job template, job or pipeline automation.
How to make a wiki page:
1. Go to Wiki from the left sidebar, then click Create Page.
2. Enter a name for the wiki page. This is what you’ll see when selecting it from the Wiki list and the name your team members will see inside jobs. If you don’t give the page a name, a generic one—such as Page 1 Jun 2022, 12:46—is automatically generated.
3. To create the contents of a page, you’ve got lots of options:
- Copy and paste content from your firm’s intranet wiki or internal documents, or create new content altogether.
- Add images from your desktop by clicking Add picture, then selecting the images.
- Add video from YouTube or Loom by clicking Embed video, then pasting the video links.
- Use the WYSIWYG editor to apply formatting and add links. Here are the shortcuts:
|Ctrl/cmd+B||Makes text bold|
|Ctrl/cmd+I||Makes italic text|
|Ctrl/cmd+K||Format as link|
5. Changes to the page are automatically saved, and you can leave the page and return to edit at any time. Your drafts will be displayed in the Wiki list.
Publishing/Unpublishing Wiki Pages
Once you’ve finished creating your wiki page, it’s time to publish it. Then it’s ready to be added to pipeline automations, jobs or job templates. There are two ways to publish a wiki page:
- In the Wiki list, click the three dots to the far right of the page’s name, then click Publish.
- On the page’s edit screen, click Publish.
Unpublishing works the same way: If you need to make changes to a page, click Edit & Unpublish while viewing the wiki page, or click the three dots to the far right of the page’s name, then click Unpublish.
Heads-Up: When you unpublish a page, it’s no longer displayed inside the job templates, automations and jobs where it was added. Once it’s published again, it’s restored.
Editing Wiki Pages
A firm owner and admin have access to edit all wiki pages, whereas a team member can only edit the pages they themselves have created.
If you need to edit a draft, follow these steps:
1. Go to Wiki from the left sidebar menu, then click on the page’s name.
2. Make your changes, then click Back. Changes are automatically saved.
To edit a published page:
1. Open the page either from the Wiki section or from the job the page is linked to.
2. Click Edit & Unpublish, make your changes, then click Publish.
Deleting Wiki Pages
Though we recommend unpublishing pages rather than deleting them, you can permanently remove them if they’re no longer relevant.
Click the three dots to the far right of the wiki page name, select Delete, then confirm by clicking Delete again.
Heads-Up: When you delete a page, it’s no longer displayed inside the job templates, automations and jobs where it was added; it’s permanently gone.