Invoices (Basic): Edit, Print, Download, Delete
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. You can upgrade at any time!
Learn everything you need to know about managing your invoices: how to download, print and edit them, find out when a client has paid—and more.
- Knowing When a Client Has Paid/Prepaid an Invoice
- Viewing an Invoice Payment History
- Printing Invoices
- Downloading Invoices
- Editing Invoices
- Emailing Invoices
- Deleting Invoices
- Linking and Auto-Moving Invoices in Jobs
Knowing When a Client Has Paid/Prepaid an Invoice
A client can either make a prepayment in any amount for an upcoming invoice or pay when it is due. In the client’s account, prepayments show up as credits to be used for future invoices.
You’ll always receive an email notice when a client makes a prepayment, pays an invoice in full or has an invoice that has become overdue. Plus, you’ll also get a notification in your Inbox+. Click the Go to... link to navigate to the client’s invoice section.
Note: You can change notification preferences at any time.
Viewing an Invoice Payment History
To view the payment history, click the eye icon, and it is displayed in a pop-up.
You’ll see the source, date, amount of payment(s) and refund (if any). Click the payment type in the Source column to jump to the payment information.
If the invoice was partially settled with credits, the payment history will include information about the actual payment and the credits used.
Print directly from the invoice list by clicking the three dots to the far right of the invoice number, then select Print from the drop-down menu. The print option is also accessible when editing or viewing an invoice.
The invoice automatically displays your company logo and a red “PAID” stamp when the client has paid in full.
If you need to save an invoice for your records, download it as a PDF to your desktop. It will automatically display your company logo and a red “PAID” stamp when the client has paid in full.
To download an invoice:
1. Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice number, then select Download from the pull-down menu. You can also get to the Download option when editing or viewing the invoice.
2. Choose the location you would like to save the file to, then click Save.
3. When the download finishes, click on the name of the document to open it (for more details about specifying where files are downloaded, go here).
Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice number, select Edit to make changes to the amount or payment method, to set a reminder or to change other invoice details.
Note: when you change an invoice number, it is automatically updated in QuickBooks.
Tip: You cannot edit an invoice after it has been paid. Once paid, it is a record and cannot be altered. You can, however, issue a refund if you have mistakenly overcharged.
Clients with Notify toggled on receive an invoice notification by email when an invoice is created. If you want to email one or more invoices because payments are overdue or because Notify was toggled off, choose one of the options below:
- To email an invoice: Click the three dots to the right of the invoice, then click Send Invoice by Email.
To email several invoices: On the Invoices page of the account, select the checkboxes next to the invoices you want to send, then click Send Email with Selected Invoices.
To email all unpaid invoices: On the Invoices page of the account, select the top left checkbox, then click Send Email with Selected Invoices.
Then follow these steps:
1. Check the invoice information. Make sure all the invoices you want to send are indeed selected.
2. Type a message to the client (optional).
3. The email will be sent to all users linked to the account who have Notify toggled on. Add other email addresses if needed by clicking Add Another Email Address.
4. Click Submit to send the invoice.
To remove an invoice:
1. Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, then select Delete.
2. Click Delete in the Invoice Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Note: You cannot delete paid invoices; they are for your records.