Payment List (Basic): Filter, Search, Delete, View Info
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
View all your client’s payments in one spot, filter the list of payments, search for a specific payment, and get more details about each one.
- How Do I Know That a Client Has Paid?
- The Payments List, Explained
- Printing Payments List
- Searching for a Payment
- Filtering a List of Payments
- Viewing Payment Information & Transaction ID
- Deleting a Payment (ACH Only)
- Linking Payments to Jobs
- Exporting Payment List From TaxDome
The Payments List, Explained
Click on Invoices in the sidebar menu, then go to Payments to get a glance at all the payments you’ve received.
To view payments for a specific account, click on Clients in the sidebar menu, select the client account, navigate to Invoices, then go to Payments inside the account profile. The Payments tab in an account profile is available to a firm owner, Admin, or any employee with access rights to manage payments.
Once you’re in the Payments tab, you’ll see these column names:
#: Each payment is given a unique number.
DATE: This is the date the payment was made.
AMOUNT: This is the amount of the payment.
SYNC: If you synced TaxDome with QuickBooks, links to the payments in QuickBooks appear in this column.
SOURCE: This is the type of payment. For example, if a client paid online with a card, Credit Card appears.
CLIENT: This is the name of the account the payment is for. Click on the name to navigate to the account profile.
INVOICES PAID: This column shows the invoice numbers that payments were for. Click on the invoice number to view the details.
REFUND: If a payment has been refunded, the amount of the refund appears here.
DESCRIPTION: Typically, a description includes payment details. For manual payments, you can see who created the payment.
The total number of payments, the total amount paid, the total refund amount, and the total revenue (total amount minus refund amount) are displayed at the top of the Payments window.
When viewing a specific client’s payments page, you’ll see the dollar amount for their outstanding invoices and their available credits.
Printing Payments List
To print a payments list, click the Print button at the top right of the page.
By default, the payments list displays 25 payments per page. If you want to print more payments select the number you’d prefer in the Rows per page menu at the bottom left of the page prior to printing.
Your browser will offer you to print the list. This will include the current date and time.
Searching for a Payment
To search for payment by description, type a keyword in the search field, then hit return on your keyboard. The payments list is then narrowed accordingly.
Click the x in the search field to clear it.
Filtering a List of Payments
Use filters to view a certain type of payment. For example, filtering allows you to quickly view all payments made in a specific year. There are three ways to filter payments:
By account: See only payments from a selected client account.
By time frame: See only payments made during a specific year.
By source: See only payments made by credit card or added manually.
To narrow a list of payments, click Filter in the top right corner, select your desired filters, then click Apply. The selected filters remain the same when you leave and reopen the page. All filters are reusable and could be saved as templates. Read more on using filters in the article.
Viewing Payment Information & Transaction ID
To view more details about payment, click the eye icon.
You can find out the payment type, amount, and invoices a payment covers. If payment was made through Stripe or CPA Charge, the transaction ID is displayed.
Deleting a Payment (ACH Only)
As a rule, we don’t recommend deleting payments. After a payment has posted, it must remain the same for record-keeping. However, sometimes ACH transactions can fail up to 60 days after they have been authorized.
If the transaction was declined by CPACharge, you may delete the corresponding payment on TaxDome. But in all other cases, you should issue a refund rather than delete a payment. For more details, go here.
To delete an ACH payment that was declined by CPACharge, click the three dots to the right of the payment in the list, select Delete, then confirm.
Here's what happens when the payment is deleted:
- The status of the corresponding invoice changes from Paid to Unpaid or Overdue, accordingly.
- The synced payment in QuickBooks is deleted.
Linking Payments to Jobs
Link payments to jobs to make them immediately available in your workflow. A firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage payments can link payments to jobs.
There are three ways to link a payment:
- From the manual payment creation screen: Click Link to Jobs at the top right, then select the jobs. Once linked, the Jobs section is displayed. You can see the job title and the pipeline it belongs to.
- From the payments list: Click the eye icon to the far right of the payment, select Link to Jobs, then select the jobs from the list. Once linked, the Jobs section is displayed. You can see the job title and the pipeline it belongs to.
- From pipeline: Make sure that the job is in the right stage, click the job box, click + Link on the top right, select Payment, then choose the payments. You can link any payment previously made by a client. A job can have as many linked payments as needed. Once payments are linked, you’ll see them in the Payments section of the expanded job box. Click the cross to unlink payments.